Thursday 4 August 2011

New tricks!

This week has been an eye opening week for new things fitness.

I've learnt about Roller Derby and been introduced to The 4 Hour Body. So let me break it down for you.

Roller Derby (RD) - www.londonrollergirls.com - is a form of competitive team roller skating around a track. It consists of two teams of four defensive players and one point scorer called a "jammer". The game begins with the "pivots" (the lead skaters) and the "blockers" (defenders) skating in front in a tight formation called the pack.

The jammers race to pass through the pack once, at which time no points are scored – but a “lead jammer” position can be established. They continue to race around the track a second time and attempt to pass the pack again. The jammers score one point for each opponent they lap as long as they pass that player in bounds and without penalties.

The jammers may continue to race and score points for two minutes or until the lead jammer “calls off the jam” (by putting her hands on her hips). A jammer can score four points each time they make it through the pack within bounds and five points if they lap the other jammer! There are some key rules to prevent unnecessary injury and keep the game lively, but the team with the most points at the end of the game wins!

Ash at the chocolate gym has been doing RD for a few weeks now and was the person who told me about it. She's found it to be great exercise, immensely challenging and great fun! With four sessions a week she's not got a need for the gym!

Check it out here http://www.ukrda.org.uk

The 4 Hour Body is a book by Tim Ferris. He focussed on the question "for all things physical, what are the tiniest changes that produce the biggest results?" The resultant book has been based on years of research and experiments with real people.

I was told about it by my good mate Lukas Gondkovsky. He has been using the book and it's knowledge to help improve his diet and training. So far he has felt a positive effect in his energy for training and reduced cravings. But the real test will come over the next weeks as he gets his body fat results back. I'll keep you posted on his progress.

I have been on the diet for the last few days and have had a couple of great nights sleep as a result. My energy has been constant and I can eat as much as like, without "White carbs" to bloat me. I'll keep you updated on my progress with my measurements.

To find out more check out http://www.fourhourbody.com/

So get clicking and make a positive impact on your diet and health today.

Happy training,

Tom


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment