Monday 3 March 2014

Day one sans cafe

Day one, week one

This weekend just gone I made an absurd agreement with our friend Caitlin to stop drinking coffee. By this I mean I will not be purchasing any coffee beverages from shops. I will still be drinking the coffee I have at home from time to time.

The reason behind my abstinence from coffee shop coffee is two fold. Firstly the calories from the two coffees I purchase a day are not assisting my marathon training. At this point in my schedule I'm giving up a couple of things to help lose a little extra weight, in order to reach my goal of a sub 340 marathon. Subtracting 450 calories a day should certainly help in that regard.

Secondly the amount of money I spend at coffee shops each week is staggering. I worked out it is $100 a week on coffee alone. That doesn't include the odd almond croissant or breakfast bap (they are good though aren't they) that I sometimes consume out of hunger/complete lack of self restraint. Well no more! I am a new man. Organisation and self restraint are my new middle names (after Bertram Vance).

At the end of today I can happily tell you that no coffee shop coffee was consumed. For every day without coffee I am putting $8 (the approximate total of two large flat whites) into a pot. My plan is to use that money to treat Catherine (don't tell her!)

I will update you with my progress each day as the week progresses, so be sure to check back!

I've also got a post for you about the Coastrek event. For my marathon updates and info on running you can now read www.runslothrun.blogspot.com

Happy travels,

Tom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment