Tuesday 8 May 2012

Kitchen upgrade

I have been working on updating a friend's kitchen over the last week or so. As he and his girlfriend are getting married they didn't want to spend too much, but it was in need of some TLC.

I ordered new doors, handles, plinth and cornice from www.kitchendoorworkshop.co.uk They have a helpful website and a very quick and easy online quote system. It meant that I could preview styles and colours as well as order samples of each. They took two weeks to make and delivery was prompt.

As I am working elsewhere I have had to make the most of each visit to my friends place. But the doors were easy to fit on (hinge holes had been pre-drilled by the company above) and soon the kitchen was looking new.

The kitchen before



After the first lot of doors were fitted




The handles were new and went well with the light walnut that my friends had chosen.

Work progressed well with my next trip as I fitted the remaining doors (bar the fridge door) and removed all the cornice aside from that at the top of the units.

Doors and handles on!



Since that photo I have fitted the fridge door and removed the broken washing machine. My friends have decided to make that into storage space so I am ordering another door to attach where the washing machine is in the photo above.

The plinth and cornice are still to be done and then the job is complete. However I think you'll agree it already looks better.

Ah! I nearly forgot the edging! I've edged all the cupboards to match the cupboard colour.





More to come next week!

Tom :)

- Posted using a modern day type writer

No comments:

Post a Comment