Thursday 31 May 2012

Building my outdoor work area

I had hoped to proffer some completed photos of my new "mini bench". However after a busy weekend of jobs and ultra training I ran out of time. So I can only tell you how good it will be and offer you a classic "before" picture...





I recently discovered "Wood talk online radio" via www.thewoodwhisperer.com and it is good! It is an American show hosted by three woodworkers; Matt, Mark and Shannon. Far from being boring and geeky (well maybe a little), it is funny and educational, not two words I often put together. So if you want something new to listen to on your commute then check it out. (I'd avoid listening to it whist operating power tools)

I attached the top piece of the cornice to the kitchen I've been working on this morning. The rest is still to go on depending whether my friend
wants it or not. The only trouble being that it sticks out quite a bit and reduces the access to the sink under the units.








I've still got a door to drill hinge holes for and fix to make an under sink cupboard. But after that the kitchen is complete.

It has been an enjoyable project and a huge learning experience with all the materials and tools I've used. Next time I will be a master in comparison to how I felt at the beginning of this!

For now there's not much else to update you on. I am away the next two weeks on holiday. But if I get time to finish my workbench before I go then I'll post that next week. Oh and I may make you jealous with photos from Florida ;)

Happy cutting!

T :)



- Posted using a modern day type writer

No comments:

Post a Comment