Thursday 8 January 2015

Reading and stuff

I have been reading a great book called The way of the superior man by David Deidas. Some of you chaps may have heard or read it. I think I first heard of it from my friend Cj a few years back and have since been reintroduced to it by my mate Andrew. I wouldn't do it justice trying to explain what it is all about, it's easier to read his introduction for yourselves. I have found it has helped me to cajole some sense out of my brain matter recently and is a great guide to living a superior life as a modern man. It is not fluff, so don't be put off fellas.

My training has been progressing at a steady rate. I'm enjoying lifting at the moment, but I can hear the soft calls of the harlot marathon. She gives up her many miles of pleasurable pain and just when you think you are reaching the pinnacle and have conquered her, she nails your feet to the road with concrete blocks and pours fire into your muscles. If I can find two marathons to run this year then I may do that and factor in an ultra for good luck. But for now it's that time of year when we live by the ancient motto - "sun's out, guns out". 

I best put a short end to this brief post. I'm frazzling in the sun and don't want to look like a lobster when I go to work. Before I sign off I can say I'm "tres" excited about our family and friends turning up over the coming days. It doesn't feel that long since I saw some of them because we have used FaceTime and Skype to stay in touch. Others I can't wait to see because I haven't been in touch with them for months and some I haven't seen in over a year. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I believe that it makes you realise how lucky you are to live a life like this and have close ones that will travel to be with you for your wedding. Whenever I feel gloomy I just remind myself of this and know that our first world problems will be alright ;)

Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment