Wednesday 29 March 2017

What I learnt from coffee and Alpacas

Today I was reminded that coffee isn't always my friend, especially when I consume two of the fuckers before 9am and then stand in one spot until the afternoon. But hopefully this is one of those occasions when I actually learn from my mistakes. I am going to cut the caffeine down from tomorrow onwards, after all nobody needs a twitchy Tom. But what did you learn from the bloody Alpacas! Well they take a great photo don't they?!



This morning during my hour long cycle with Gavin around Centennial Park we talked about the benefits of exercise on the mind and why it is so important to do something regularly. However I may have taken this conversation a little far when I ran intervals for an hour after work. As I write this I am waiting for the full feeling to return to my limbs. Thankfully I am proper knackered and mega chilled after all this exercise, so I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

After eating a large dinner I am ready for the resting metabolic rate (RMR) test that I have booked tomorrow. As I can't eat for a minimum of five hours beforehand I made sure I consumed a decent amount and will be enjoying a nice lie in. That way I will only have a few hours of not eating before the test and then a decent lunch straight after. This RMR test along with the body fat scans I have done recently will help me to determine the best way to eat for my mind and body. I love testing things out on myself not only to help myself but also other people. After all we are individuals with very different biochemistry and not sheep that can eat the same diet. There is no better way to find what works for you than use science and a good experiment. I'll let you know what the results are from tomorrow.

Following the RMR test will be my second body fat scan to see if the Keto diet I have been doing (which may have developed just to low carb) has had a positive effect. I'm hoping to see a small reduction in my body fat, which is currently sat at 14.5% and the largest I've been in a number of years. Despite this my muscle mass has actually increased on previous years, so I may be fatter but I'm not losing muscle like many do as they get older. If I can see some reduction in bodyfat then I know I am on the right lines with this way of eating because I feel the best I have in months.

Anyhow I best leave as I am off to dream of doughnuts, pizza and other carbs that I can't eat.

Until tomorrow!

Tom :)

"Eat to train, don't train to eat." - some clever bastard.



No comments:

Post a Comment