Thursday 18 February 2010

CherryActive - The Free Radical Terminator

I was introduced to CherryActive at the London Running Show last year and have been using it since to supplement my training diet.

CherryActive is an antioxidant "powerhouse", with a 30 ml shot containing more antioxidants than you'd find in 20 average fruit and veg portions. It is made from Montmorency cherries grown near to Lake Michigan, USA, which are specially selected for their naturally occurring antioxidants.

The antioxidants in CherryActive have been shown to reduce recovery time from intensive training, with reports of reduced inflammation and muscle soreness post exercise. Exercise produces a greater number of free radicals in the body. The damage caused by these free radicals is called Oxidative Stress and could lead to reduced muscle bulk and strength as well as long term health decline. Antioxidants "mop up" these free radicals, thus preventing damage to muscle cells. The high number of antioxidants in CherryActive means a greater number of free radicals will be neutralised following exercise, leading to strength gains as well as long term health and vitality. You can check out the research here

In my personal experience over the last few months I have found the following:

  • Reduced muscle soreness post high intensity training and long runs
  • Feeling good to train 24 hours after intensive exercise (previously I needed longer)
  • No colds over the winter period (November-present) since taking CherryActive

The important thing for me is the ability to run frequently with clients whilst continuing my own training. On the days following hard hill and interval training I have had virtually no muscle soreness and the ability to continue training the next day without problem. As I am training for an Ultra Marathon later in the year this proves to be invaluable as I keep on top of my training plan.

I have found this the most helpful supplement I've ever bought and have great pleasure in telling everyone about it. If you'd like to know more just visit their website at www.cherryactive.co.uk or read up at www.tomalfry.com

Happy Training! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment