Tuesday 19 August 2014

New starts

This week Catherine started her new job at Freehills in the CBD after a two week break. She was both excited and nervous on Monday morning when she headed off, but I think she has settled a bit now after a couple of days there. From what she says the work place is well catered for and probably a little bit better than Lovells (I'm sorry it may be true). I am just glad that she is starting on a new challenge and able to move forwards in an environment that is healthier (relatively speaking) when compared with her last job. I know that C will miss her friends from Double Bay, but hopefully she will be able to still meet up with them when she isn't working long days!

I know that C has her priorities right though, because she immediately found out what the gym situation is like, naturally it won't be as good as Lovells when I was there ;) She is quite happy that there is a free gym membership she can use nearby and excellent showers at work for when she runs in. There are also nice touches like solicitor lunch Wednesdays where she gets free lunch and the usual free teas etc. It's just as well I don't work there though, I'd probably bankrupt them after two Wednesday lunches!

I have been working slightly less over the last week, but am thoroughly chuffed with how things are progressing at Apple. I am working towards a full time position there by taking as many opportunities to learn as possible. Everyday is a school day there and I can see plenty of varied routes to take a career with Apple, with the support of the leadership team there are endless possibilities. Before you think about asking me I don't know when the iPhone 6 is coming out, just look at the bloody website!

Catherine and I have been fairly productive on the wedding front too. Well, when I say the wedding front I actually mean the honeymoon, but it's all part of the planning! We have actually only got a few important things left to organise, which is comforting. Of course that isn't considerig the hundreds of smaller details left to sort out, but I am sure they will come together over the next few months. Oh I nearly forgot, one of the big things sorted out this week was the purchase of my wedding suit. I don't want to ruin the surprise (because it's all about my big day), but it looks cool. As long as I don't work too much on the "guns" before January I should fit into it.

I am working away on my book at the moment and trying to write a little everyday. At this stage I am still planning and structuring the story, however it is developing well. I am starting on my sub-characters this week to add depth to the storyline and prevent a monotony with the main characters. Give me a year and I may have finished it!

Not much else to report this week, but check out www.runslothrun.blogspot.com for an update on training in the next few days.

Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment