Monday 17 November 2014

Easy come, easy go.

As I have a day off today I thought I would tap out a few words to note down what has been happening.

The day finally arrived when I had to say goodbye to the $3000 that I had worked hard to save over the last two months. I paid my tax bill for last year and silently wept at being back to square one with my savings. Well not quite square one as I actually still have $500 left, so I am actually ahead of last time - YAY! As though saving for our wedding and honeymoon wasn't motivation enough to work 6 or 7 day weeks I now have an extra kick by not having any money. Just as well it is summer and birthdays and Christmas aren't just around the corner. Oh, hang on....

Work has been terrifically busy. Not necessarily with the amount of customers in the doors, but more in regards to the things I have to do. I think I am still getting used to working on multiple things and keeping on top of things with organisation skills. When I worked for myself I would do this whenever I had free time (which was considerably more than now), but I have no desire to work outside of my hours at work. Removing myself from technology is hard enough without thinking about work outside of work. I now have quite a few tasks to complete as part of my Wellness role as well as keeping up to date with my cash team duties. Thankfully the holiday season doesn't start until tomorrow! Roll on next January and my week off for our wedding.

At the weekend Catherine and I ran our first Tough Mudder event with four friends down in the Southern Highlands. I had an amazing time, it was such good fun, mainly because I got wet and muddy and it reminded me of being a kid. I can certainly see why so many people enjoy it, being a kid again is a necessity to balance out the seriousness of adult life. Plus the camaraderie between complete strangers was awesome. Everyone was there for a challenge and it was certainly challenging running cross country, but the obstacles were great fun and a welcome interlude from the running. The organisation for the whole thing was excellent and the commentators/motivators at the start and obstacles were hilarious. For the cost of a marathon I had so much more fun and will definitely do another one next year. It reminded me how much I enjoy trail running, so I will be focusing on that over the summer.

Catherine's wedding dress has arrived in Sydney thanks to one of her kind colleagues at work bringing it back with her. Now that we have just 9 weeks left it is certainly hitting home how much we still have to do. But we will get it done. Tonight is date night and a trip to watch a band that we might hire. Fingers crossed they are good, so that we don't have to do too much searching!

Right I am off to try on ties and shoes with my wedding suit before a quick dip in the sea.

Until next time friends!

T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment