Sunday 30 November 2014

Forgive me for my ramblings

Bog post Dec 1st

I am trying to type regular blog posts, which aren’t just me writing doom and gloom. But at the moment when I get the chance to sit and type out a post the things that come to mind aren’t positive. Recently there have been a couple of posts that weren’t even worth posting, they just sat on my computer as drafts, never to see the light of day and be released on the interweb. This is probably for the better as it may not serve a great purpose. I think I’m fairly honest on these posts, which potentially helps others to see that those positive, “happy” people aren’t perfect (nor do they want to be) and don’t have everything straight.

We are again at that time of year when I officially grow older and lament the time I feel I have wasted in the past. It is by chance that I am reading The Count of Monte Cristo and at the same time struggling with what I am doing in life. I won’t bore you with the details, as the book is a classic and well worth a read, but the main character finds his calling whilst in prison. Admittedly this calling is revenge on the people who wrongfully imprisoned him, nevertheless it motivates him to extraordinary feats. With the help of his adjacent cell mate he learns several languages and educates himself to a level of high society. He is amazed at how much he has missed over the years, but puts himself to learning everyday in order to improve, without knowing whether he will escape or not.

The thing that frustrates me is that I could be doing so much more, but I don’t know where to begin. In taking the advice I would give others in personal training, I have to start at the beginning, do something everyday and be consistent. At least I know what I have to do!

My thoughts about where I go from here are simple. I have to increase the time I have each day. If I am going to be working 6 days a week for the next year, I have to create a day somewhere. The simple solution is to get up early, perhaps 5am, spend an hour writing and learning before heading to the gym for an hour. Then if I am lucky enough to start late I can learn some more, before I have to go and earn a crust. I think I am most productive (not most talkative) at those crazy early times in the morning. This is probably for two reasons. Firstly because I am unable to process many thoughts, so my mind can’t wander. Secondly because I don’t like to talk first thing in the morning, so I can set my energies to absorbing and writing instead.

So I suppose this is me letting you know that I will be tapping out a few words each morning (post learning of course) to update you. Perhaps my French and Italian language skills will develop, along with my short stories. At least I will feel accountable to whoever may read this, even if you aren’t asking me how it is going. So in that I thank you and hope that you find some enjoyment in reading these crazy scribblings. 

Bon soir!

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment