Sunday 9 November 2014

Warm springs

Ok Let's start with a fact. October this year was 2.5 degrees warmer than normal. I'm not sure what to do with that fact but as an Englishman it is my duty to share meteorological information whenever it crosses my path.

I have been busy at work lately. The other day I was nominated as the store Wellbeing Champion. Ironically I had set up a drinking society the week prior to this in order to get people from different areas to mix outside of work. The way my role was explained to me meant that I should be encouraging good work/life balance. So in my mind moderate consumption of alcohol falls into this description. Don't worry though, I am always encouraging people to eat and not go binge drinking. I naturally like to lead by example.

I've also signed myself up to work in a couple of other areas of the store that are important for our feedback and back room operations. This is mainly to learn a great deal more about the business and challenge myself in new ways. One thing the store doesn't lack is variety, which for those that know me is an excellent thing.

Outside of Apple I am still working my days off for Steve. I am trying to stick to just one day a week for him, so that I don't exceed the 48 hours a week limit that I set recently. This is tricky when I have days off in the week as I feel I'm being lazy. Considering how few hours I used to work this is actually quite hilarious to me. It seems that I have become addicted to working as much as possible. Who would have thought.

Wedding planning is progressing well under Catherine's command. We have sorted almost all the major items and just have a list of many smaller details to sort over the coming weeks. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone here and I am looking forward to a holiday! 

This weekend we are off to Bowral in the Southern Highlands again. It's a beautiful place to visit and is only two hours outside of Sydney. Unfortunately this weekend we will be dragging ourselves around the Tough Mudder circuit, so it won't be relaxing until that's over! Then I have to get back to the store for our quarterly meeting in the evening, so no rest for the wicked.

Catherine has started training for her first ocean swimming event and is overcoming her fear of swimming extremely well. I am slightly jealous that she is improving so well with her swimming and will probably be a better swimmer than me though. I may have to start my own training (because I have so much free time) and see if I can accompany her on her ocean swim. I hope it's not a ladies only event, otherwise I'll have to get a new swimming costume.

I am trying to organise more Skype and FaceTime calls with all you Brit friends. So send me a message on whatsapp or Facebook as to when might be good. I have to plan things a couple of weeks ahead to be able to fit it in around work.

Chat to you all soon,

T :)




No comments:

Post a Comment