Thursday 30 June 2016

Making stuff

For those of you that haven't seen my Facebook page you may not have seen my new Video Blog (Vlog). "Oh no! Not more crap from Alfry!" I hear you cry. Well fear not, because if you have said that then you can skip this paragraph and move onto the next. For those of you still reading you will be able to access my Vlog through my Facebook page above as I film a short clip each day. This is to start a journal of sorts that I can look back over in years to come and say "ooh look how far I've come" whilst stroking my beard in a wise manner. It's also for any of you that forget what I look like from time to time and for those interested in seeing a little of Sydney and reminding yourself of fun times here. So feel free to check the vlog out and leave any comments.

If you've been following the photos I have posted recently you will have seen my home DIY project the "Doable". It's a writing desk made from two doors and a bunch of Merbau offcuts from a few jobs I've done recently. I was fed up of craning over the coffee table to type this blog, so I thought it would be a good way to save my back and recycle some waste timber. The photos that follow will give you some idea of how it came together.

It also now means I have a dedicated writing room away from the TV and other distractions. The best thing is that it looks out onto the road so I can still see and hear everything that is happening outside, which I find helps me focus. I've always found the most creative places for my brain are often those bustling with people or different noises. Don't get me wrong I do love being away from it all in the peaceful countryside, but sometimes that gives me too much quiet time to think!

I hope to document a few more of the interesting projects as they come about and they will be included on my carpentry website. Until then I will leave you the "Doable" because anyone can make something out of nothing.

Tom :)









No comments:

Post a Comment