Thursday 6 April 2017

Mr Michael Hanney

This is just a short post to introduce the first episode of "The Grumpy Man Podcast". My good friend Michael sat down with me last Monday and agreed to be my guinea pig for this foray into the world of podcasting. He was a fantastic guest who spoke with honesty and sincerity and I couldn't have hoped for a better person to speak to. This whole journey is a test to see how I progress and so I am a bit all over the shop in these first recordings.  I haven't edited too much, so that I can hopefully track an improvement in my interviewing style and confidence over the weeks and months ahead. I apologise for anything that doesn't sound quite right on the podcast, that is all my fault as a beginner editing with GarageBand for the first time!

My hope with this podcast as with my writing is to draw a little more light onto mental health and get people talking about it more openly, especially the men out there. Soon I'll have this blog and the podcast on my website, but as it is still a work in progress I will just embed them here. Soon enough I'll submit them to iTunes for ease of subscribing too.

If you would like to share your passions and tools for dealing with mental health then please feel free to contact me at tjalfry@icloud.com

Until next time,

Tom :)


"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realise this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius



No comments:

Post a Comment