Thursday 20 April 2017

Podcasting bidness

It's been a little busy since I last wrote, but I thought I would sit down and type something out as I have had a busy evening of being creative. Well I've been editing the next episode of the podcast, but I feel that is still creation of a form.

This week I got to sit down for beers with Mr James O'Brien to talk to him about his passions, his pet peeves and how he would create a society that could benefit us all. Needless to say that beer played it's part in lubricating our thoughts and throats, so if you have a boring bus journey and need something for your friday then check it out right here.
Or read through the post and you can listen to it at the end of this post.
For all those podcast keenos I'll have it on iTunes as soon as the lovely people over there authorise it.

I will keep this short as it's late and I have to get some brain sleep (I've given up on the beauty), I've noticed one important thing this week. Time flies. I know I've probably bashed you over the head with it before by telling you about how we need to take action, live for the moment, blaa-dee-blaa-blaa-blaa. But it's true and I'll tell you why. We are lucky to have a comfortable existence. Even if you don't have a lot of money, you are still well off and comfort breeds idleness. I don't mean that you sit on your arse all day watching daytime reruns of Dallas. No I mean that we don't push ourselves to go after what we really want. We may appear to be moving toward a life of our choosing, but we do it very slowly. 

If you were told you had 12 months to live, what action could you take today to move you closer towards your life goals. Barriers would be overcome, mental blockages removed, all because we have no time left. I admit it might be difficult to imagine that you are dying and that you only have a year, but if you take even a moment to think about it I bet you'll gain clarity on at least one problem in your mind. 

For me this began with this blog, then the book I'm writing and now the podcast. All were challenges that I wanted to overcome. They may seem small and inconsequential to you, but in my mind they were barriers to progress. 
In all honesty you probably won't die in a year and you'll live a perfectly happy existence without trying overly hard. You'll probably be reasonably successful and enjoy the fruits of our consumerist society within a pretty safe and stable developed nation. As much as the media wants you to believe we are under threat by terrorists and that the world will end in nuclear war, it probably won't. The world is a dangerous place, granted, but not as dangerous as we have it made out to be. Let's face it, if it was we'd probably all be pursuing our passions, giving two fingers to the government and not working in retail.

Tom :)


“As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.” 

― Seneca

No comments:

Post a Comment