Monday 1 March 2010

Like a glove!

Thanks to Asics and Gore-tex my feet remained dry and blister-free over the weekend. Catherine and I ventured out on our long run on Saturday and hit the trails and tracks near my parents home. It was muddy and gloriously hard going on the legs! I really like the off-road as it's less sore on my knees (what an old man!) but Catherine is definitely an asphalt hugger and I'll admit, faster on it than I. However I was king of the castle for the run, as I led the way for 13 miles. I don't believe it had anything to do with the Ginseng in my barley water or the berocca in my other bottle, nor the agony that Catherine was suffering because of a blister. Oh no, I am clearly just as nimble as a mountain goat over rough ground! Moving on....

Sunday was a wet and windy 11 miles to finish the weekends training off and all on road! This time we both enjoyed the run and it was nice to be on a stable firm surface after the day before. Once again the ginseng in one bottle and berocca in the other seemed to help with energy, but that is simple science really, B Vitamins are a must for training!

One helpful thing from the weekend is that I can eat bananas (if slowly) and orange clubs on long runs, without ill effect. Good to know for our ultra!

I hope you all enjoyed the warmth and rugby at the weekend!

Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment