Thursday 21 May 2015

Consistency

I've talked about consistency before, from memory when I was having coaching last year. Now as then it is something I have to put effort into to succeed with. Shall we just say I am a daydreamer with itchy feet (itching for new tasks not new women, just to clarify wifey). So it is with great pleasure that I am beginning to turn a corner in this area of weakness. Yes it is early days, but I am quietly confident.

 Having said that I didn't wake up early yesterday in order to do my bodyweight training, I had a lie in until 630 and then headed off to work. Today my body rectified that by waking me up at 5:26am, just before my alarm was due to go off. After a nice cuppa and a flick through the free Bunnings paper (see left) I headed off for my tempo run. I trotted up Carrington road and turned left past Queens Park to get into Centennial Park (CP). Once there I ran 6 miles at 8 minute mile pace or quicker before stumbling back home in time to get ready for work. I had a great run around CP with the Kookaburras laughing at me and seeing the lightning quick cyclists rushing around in their peloton. It was the perfect start to my day and left me free this evening to write about it whilst enjoying a cup of Her Majesty's finest, PG Tips.

On the job we had today we made some progress, although it doesn't look like much. With hardwood flooring there is slightly more to the process than the laminate floating floors we've installed recently. However you can really see how good it will look when compared to the yellow tongue flooring the customer has been living with lately. I'll post some more pics soon and if you are into Instagram you can be suitably bored by the work I post under the user name gotwood83.
































At the weekend we are going to drive out to the Royal National Park to do our long run on some nice trails for a change from the traffic lights and pavement of Sydney. I'll get some photos of the two of us as I'm sure there will be some great views along the way. Don't worry I will be packing a survival kit just in case anything happens, you can't mess about on the trails here!

Tom :)




No comments:

Post a Comment