Saturday 18 January 2014

The CHEAT DAY summary (Achilles version)

I'm sure that all my Achilles friends have enjoyed reading of my attempt to pack in the sugars, dairy and other 4 Hour Body naughties today. But I wanted to reel off a list of the foods I ate as photos aren't exactly Achilles friendly.

Breakfast

I started the day with:
Tea and 2.5 slices of raisin toast. On reflection I should've had eggs on toast just to start the day with a little protein. But I may have overdosed on eggs in the week, so the thought of a few more was too much to bear.

Snack 1

There will be lots of sub-headings named "snack" as most of what I ate today doesn't constitute a proper meal. Its cheating after all.

1 large flat white with free mini chocolate from the happy people at Sabbaba, Bondi Junction.
1 Aussie Bodies mint choc protein bar. I almost ate this whilst in the supermarket whilst doing our weekly shop. I had to physically restrain myself at the last minute as I was pulling Aussie Bodies protein bars of the shelves and didn't want to get into a shoplifting dilemma.
1 almond croissant. I was looking forward to this, but in the end it was just a croissant with almonds on the outside. Don't they know it needs loads of sweet almond filling inside! Disappointing.

Snack 2

I would say lunch as it was midday, but that comes after this at the beach bbq.

2 pieces of cheese on toast, liberally doused with Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce. Try saying Worcestershire sauce if you are American. Preferably in front of strangers.
1 piece of toast with Marmite. Sadly not XO marmite, just normal. Should've had seconds.
Possibly 1 cup of tea.
A small Lindt snowman chocolate
3 Walkers shortbread fingers. Definitely had tea with these. Awesome!

Barbeque lunch at Coogee beach

We hit Coogee for our friend Caitlin's birthday celebrations. We were quite active playing frisbee, doing handstands and performing some acro. Possibly unnecessarily active.

1.5 stuffed mushrooms (basically a burger on top of a mushroom)
Lots of crisps
1 mushroom burger in a tasty seeded roll
More crisps
3 salami sandwiches with pesto using Pei's world famous bread (light on salami, heavy on bread)
More crisps
3 year matured cheddar seeded roll
1 Maxibon ice cream (the king of shop bought ice creams. Don't argue that a Golden GayTime is better, it's a terrible name for anything)
1 large flat white

Snack 3/possibly dinner

Amazingly cheesy nachos (homemade by Dane "the magician" Heimann)
1 glass of ridiculously sweet, yet delicious wine (possibly a dessert wine, thus explaining said sweetness)

Dessert/much more likely dinner (CHEAT DAY style)

At least half a tub of Ben & Jerrys Phish Food ice cream
2 small glasses of red wine

Snack 4
Several Smarties (chocolates not a street word for drugs)

That concludes my feast of CHEAT DAY. I can tell you that I drank a huge amount of water as recommended by the 4HB.

Tomorrow Catherine a.k.a Cate, Dave, David, Curly, the flying Fox and myself have a 2 hour training walk for coastrek, 1 hour of yoga and at least 1 hour 40 minutes of running to do. I'll update you on how we get on tomorrow night.

Til then chaps, goodnight!

Tom ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment