Sunday 12 January 2014

The day after cheat day

Yesterday was Sunday and the day after "cheat day". It was a joy to get back to a healthy way of eating  after consuming pies, pastries, coffees and pizza. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy all of those things, but I think Christmas exceeded my limit (is that even possible?) of crap food stuffs.

Sunday consisted of a scrambled egg breakfast with a black coffee. I can't say I love black coffee, but as I'm not allowed milk it is the only option (aside from black tea) that I can drink. As my friend Dane said to me today "you could just not drink coffee". An excellent suggestion sir, I'd not thought of that ;)

Cate ran 10 miles yesterday morning, so after she recovered (slightly) from that we both went to yoga. A nice basics session at PLAY in Bondi Junction loosened up some tired limbs. Once back home Cate was out like a light for awhile, so I cooked up a storm in the kitchen.

I made three separate dishes of about 8 meals for the week ahead. All of them contained protein, legumes and veggies as required by the 4 hour body. I think C ate the spiced chickpea, broccoli, carrot and red pepper stir fry for lunch, whilst I had veggie teriyaki. Most of these meals are very similar, perhaps only differing in the spice or sauce that accompanies them, so it makes them easy to produce quickly and in large quantities. The key to sticking to any regime is to prepare in advance, FACT!

After an afternoon visit to the beach we settled down to dinner at home. I shovelled in a tasty plate of beef sausages with two mushroom burgers. As a side I had a couple of raw carrots with hummus. The hummus covers the legumes part, so this was a simple meal to make and still cover the 4HB requirements. Cate ate a veggie burger and salad leaves, with carrot and hummus as a side.

My evaluation of the day is that when it's a sunny afternoon I want ice cream. Fortunately eating on the 4HB does mean that cravings are reduced, as you feel full and blood sugar appears to much steadier. I haven't had any hunger pangs or light headed moments. As per normal my ultimate test comes in training and noting my energy levels and performance with times. So I shall update you tomorrow on how I get on with my ten mile run this evening.

Tom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment