Tuesday 15 December 2009

Week 2 of training and my new shoes!

This post is a little late as week two of training was last week, but hey ho!

So far all has been going well, the smaller mileage is easy and nice to get back into some regular running. The long run was a slightly different story as I shot myself in the foot. With the arrival on Thursday of my new shoes i thought I would wear them in a little. However this didn't really happen on Thursday and Friday came round so quickly! Friday is the day when I run with a client on her long run and last Friday was 1 hour 15 minutes. Nothing too bad about that normally, but as a rule you should always gradually wear in new running shoes. Gradual would mean about 3 miles of slow/comfortable running for two runs before increasing mileage. So for me to do more than double that in distance was pretty silly. Especially as they are a completely new shoe to my body. Anyhow, I live to tell the tale and am getting along quite well with my new Zimmer frame....The long run was another new route for my client and I. We went from Holland Park down to Hammersmith, along to the bridge then turned east and head to Putney bridge running along the river. Once there we followed Fulham Road along past Chelsea FC and Fulham Broadway and turned up Earls Court road to get back to High Street Kensington where we finished. Always feels nice to run past pubs and restaurants and feel slightly self righteous! Though it doesn't have the same effect when you then eat a bug curry afterwards, oh dear Tom......

Other than running too much on the new shoes, they feel great and i am settling into them nicely. Only time will tell if I'll run like Haile Gebrselassie.....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment