Monday 7 December 2009

Week One Ultra Training

So Ultra training is here. It's great to run. As I run for a living (no I'm not that good, I'm a trainer!) you sometimes forget how releasing it can be. It's energising, but in it's simplest form it's a great release. You can chew the fat (almost literally) with yourself and get thing sorted in your head. It's most definately a form of meditation, the other is tea meditation, but that's a separate posting!

Week one was a success (well I won't tell you it was awful would I?!) with all the running completed. To be honest I am having to adapt the program to my work schedule as I am already due to run five times a week. As I don't wish to end up funding the holiday of my sports massage therapist I am focussing on using my work to build up time on my legs. The training then occurs on the weekly long runs, when I run slow, soft and focus on form....easy! This week was an 8 mile run, which ended up being 10 (don't ask) and all was good, except the knees. Yes it is definitely time for a new pair of runners to encase my perfectly formed runners feet ;) So a small trip to Fulham is due tomorrow to pick them up and break them in before Sunday.

I have also been thinking about my 2010 charity events. I'm struggling to find a steak and chip suit to run a marathon in, so if you know anywhere......

T ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment