Tuesday 20 September 2011

The 4HB - back on it

This week I will treat you to a number of blog posts about my experience of the Four Hour Body. There will also be my usual weekly blog tomorrow on diet.

The Four Hour Body (4HB) is an eating lifestyle that makes you feel great, helps you to lose fat and progresses you toward your fitness goals.

Monday 19th September

Today I returned to the 4HB with determination to succeed where I failed previously. The first time I tried the 4HB I managed a week before falling off the wagon. Rather than the diet being the problem it was my poor preparation and low consumption that made me stray.

As per the book I started my eating schedule shortly after waking with a protein shake. I would've had eggs, but I'd managed to sleep in and needed to get something to go.

Today wasn't a terribly active one until the evening, so I had to make a concerted effort to eat every for hours. I managed this by taking a lunchbox of fajita turkey, stir fried peppers and courgette, steamed broccoli, spring greens and cabbage as well as lentils. The box wasn't actually that big, it just contained a lot of different veggies!

When I got home in the afternoon at 3pm I reheated Cajun chicken, beans and vegetables for my second lunch. (Catherine had been super organised and cooked lots of food on Sunday night, the key to this diet working.)I added to this a handful of cashews and a couple teaspoons of almond butter as I was worried I'd get hungry in the evening.

It turned out that my evening was more active than I expected, running with clients. However I felt energised and didn't get any hunger pains at all. I got home at 830pm and still didn't feel hungry. To be honest I didn't feel like eating, so I ate some home grown cherry tomatoes with almond butter.

Overall I am amazed at the first day. I didn't have any bad hunger pains or feel lethargic. I need to eat more to ensure I have adequate energy for work. I did notice that through the day and night I went to the bathroom a number of times, despite not drinking a great deal of water. I put this down to not having White carbs and thus not retaining a lot of water. Overall my spirits and hopes are high for this week.

Catch you tomorrow!

T :-)








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Belsize Park, London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment