Monday 26 September 2011

The day of rest

The day after the night before is something we all know about. The hangover from excessive revelry hurts the head, makes us sensitive to anything more than darkness and reduces our Sunday to nothing more than a day of rest, praying for it to end. I'm sure this is not what God had in mind when he wanted people to rest on the seventh day and praise him.

The hangover from cheat day is not entirely different. I ended up with a headache for most of the day, a stomach whose acidity was off the scale and intestines that felt like they'd eaten several hot curries. I wasn't quite praying for it to be over, but I knew what I needed to do.

After training my client in the morning I managed a breakfast of sausage and egg. I have to admit I finished off the last of the fresh bread and I had a cup of tea! This isn't as bad as having a chocolate bar, but it wasn't quite the 4HB.

Through the day I ate a lot less than normal. My stomach was protesting some what and so I gave it a small chance to recover before a minor slip of two lattes and a pint of Guinness. I can't remember when I last had a Guinness, but it tasted good!

So when I returned home we got to sorting ourselves out and cooked up a delicious meal of stir fried beef, peppers, courgette and leek with lentils and cauliflower. I rounded this off with a few teaspoons of ground peanut butter (just ground nuts no added salt or sugar) to tie me up for the night.

After a day of feeling below par I was actually looking forward to Monday! Everything in moderation, even cheat day!

T :-)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment