Monday 26 September 2011

The marvellous cheat day

The time has arrived, the moment is now, yes my friends it is cheat day!

Today has been built up in my mind all week. It has felt like the longing for a weekend break or the excitement the night before going on holiday. Now it is here and I can eat what I like!

I started the day early as England played Romania in the Rugby World Cup. It was a 7am kick off, so I got up at 630 to get the grill on and get cooking! Breakfast of a sausage and egg sandwich was washed down with a steaming cup of tea whilst watching England take apart the Romanians. Fantastic! The bread was fresh from our bakery and a great way to start cheat day.

Today was a day of chores and relaxing. The two don't usually go together, but when you have OCD getting the chores done helps you relax. Catherine and I had a small road trip in our Streetcar to drop my brother's HUGE television back to his flat in south London. To accompany us on this journey Catherine bought three almond croissants from the bakery, a chai latte for her and a latte for me. Now I have managed a week without my lovely lattes and pastries and it hasn't bothered me. I've always felt content with my meals and not needing to snack. However when that pastry and almond filling hit my taste buds it was like a firework had been lit in my mouth. Adding to that the "petrol" that is a latte and I felt on top of the world. Needless to say that the confined space of a car is not the place to suddenly have an energy boost.

Chores were rounded off with a trip to Morrisons to purchase the week's food supply. If you had seen the amount of food we bought, you'd mistakenly think we were feeding a family. However most of it was vegetables, fish and beans to restock the supplies. Sunday was to be cook off time when we prepared for the week's meals.

On returning home we had made plans to eat cakes from the bakery, drink coffees and eat ice cream. Instead we sat down to relax and ended up staying in for the rest of the day. Tea was drunk by the bucket load and biscuits were eaten like grapes. Everything from Jammie Dodgers to Snickers ice creams was present for our feast. If it contained sugar then I ate it. In fact we ate so much rubbish (I feel slightly sick from it) that come dinner time we didn't feel like eating anything, but we did! It was cheat day after all, we had to make the most of being able to eat whatever we liked. So pizza and garlic bread was delivered and we sat down to eat a HUGE pizza with additional garlic, tomato pizza. All washed down with a healthy supply of gin and tonic!

To sum up cheat day I can honestly say that it made me a little sick. Not only physically from the amount of rubbish we ate, but also from the gluttony and greediness that I displayed. It was a idiotic mindset of "it's cheat day, so I must eat rubbish as I won't be able to eat it all week". However on a positive note it has made me want to get back to the 4HB straight away and look forward to having veggies and no rubbish tomorrow. I think next week I will be a little more reserved and thoughtful on cheat day. Much like how I have acted in the week really. It's an important but sickening lesson to learn.

Roll on next week!

T :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment