Wednesday 7 September 2011

Run down sloth

If I was a half pint empty kind of man then I'd say the last week has been pants. The use of "pants" in this instance to signify utterly rubbish, not a pair of undergarments.

HOWEVER, I am not that man. I am merely a sloth with no cognitive recognition of personality or language. So instead this week has been slower than normal.

I've been struck down with a bug, or as the man in me likes to call it, "a gastric bug". Which despite sounding really awful, actually just defines the location and is a less "mumsified" name.

So this is the reason for no post last week. I sat on my perch with many hours on my claws; watching films, sleeping, resting (not unusual for a sloth) and not eating. I could've written a blog, I could've worked "online", but I'm not the person to tap out negative drivel, which would've been the product of being ill.

Now, I'm back! A slightly lighter, hairy, tree loving animal and I'm ready. Sloth ready. There's 5 weeks to my marathon (with little Adamson) and now the training reaches it's peak (perhaps for her more than me), the diet begins and the planning really kicks up a gear.

My great moment of light has arrived from being ill and unable to work, when I was miserable and negative last week. Back then I couldn't operate like my usual self, I was a spent man. Once I accepted I was ill it took over me, but boy did my body need it. It was telling me that enough was enough, now it is time for change. From darkness comes light. This "light" is a refreshed motivation to succeed and an inspiration to do more positive work that is positive for me.

So it is with this refreshed approach that I opened up my finances and started to do all the nasty jobs I've put off for so long. Things that have niggled away at the back of my mind and stressed me. With every energy we must help ourselves (in a positive way) first if we are to give to others our time, energy and good spirit.

So please take a moment, think about what YOU want and go after that dream. Live for the now, don't waste the time you have, who know's how long you'll last.

Tom the sloth :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment